Add a seasonal touch to your kitchen with this quilted potholder and towel. The background behind the potholder’s center design is stipple quilted. The truck and window are appliqued. The borders of the potholder are applied during the embroidery process. Thorough and detailed instructions as well as many photos guide you through the process of making this project. Your download includes the potholder with and without the center design. Also included is the towel design. There are a total of 3 stitch files in your download. Closure of the back of the potholder can be accomplished by closing the opening with hand stitches or by fusing.
No additional sewing machine stitching required (except for loop).
Design Dimensions & Stitch Count
- Christmas Truck potholder 7.00” w x 7.00” h 18,126
- Potholder Plain 7.00” w x 7.00” h 5,086
- Towel design 5.26” w x 3.12” h 12,781
- Cotton batting (like Warm and Natural) regular, not heavy loft
- 3 contrasting/coordinating cotton fabrics (center; 2 borders and back)
- 1 scrap of fabric for the truck and window appliques
- Steam a Seam 2 or similar bonding product
- Adhesive spray for machine embroidery (optional)
- Painter’s, masking tape or medical paper tape
- Cut away or tear away wash away (TAWA) stabilizer
- Mini iron
- Towel (if making towel project); I used Dunroven brand.
- Small, sharp, curved tip scissors